LOLPRIZE!!!


I was named media ethics student of the year for being totally nutso in philosophy class. I figured since it was a philosophy-based class I could have my bit of fun with people by messing with their heads by saying really strange things that I know make philosophical sense, and that got me a chocolate candy prize :)
Ah, well. Philosophy was fun. A lot of my friends think it's bad because everyone goes in looking for answers but most people just come out even more confused, but what I learnt was that the confusion is the answer. The answer isn't in any one of the theories that were being taught - the answer lies in the fact that there are so many competing theories in existence.
The real lesson to be learnt is to understand and embrace the fact that there are no answers, and that there really isn't a need for answers at all.

2 comments:

brandonheato said...

I think it's more like we aren't knowledgeble or wise enough yet to know the definite answer to alot of things, and hence confusion exists, though there are also issues that may not have a definite answer. But yea confusion and differing theories are a part of philosophy. The whole point is to make people think, imo

ckoo said...

The way I've gotten to see things is that there isn't THE answer, there's only YOUR answer and everyone's answer is just as good as long as it's their own.