This, kids, is why school is important.

Or you just might end up like Yogi Berra who left school at 8th grade, who's more well known for his Yogiisms than his baseball career:


90 percent of putts that fall short don't go in.

No one goes there any more, it's too crowded.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did!

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.

I couldn't tell if the streaker was a man or a woman because it had a bag on its head.

I usually take a two hour nap from 1 to 4.

I wish I had an answer to that, because I'm tired of answering that question.

If I didn't wake up, I'd still be sleeping.

If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be.

If you ask me a question I don't know I'm not going to answer.

If you can't imitate him, don't copy him.

If you don't know where you're going, you'll wind up somewhere else.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

It's like déjà vu all over again.

It was hard to have a conversation with anyone; there were so many people talking.

Ninety percent of this game is mental, and the other half is physical.

Pair up in threes.

Pitching always beats batting -- and vice-versa.

Steve McQueen looks good in this movie. He must have made it before he died.

The future ain't what it used to be.

The other team could make trouble for us if they win.

We have a good time together, even when we're not together.

We made too many wrong mistakes.

We're lost but we're making good time.

When you get to a fork in the road, take it.

You can observe a lot by watching.

You have to give 100 percent in the first half of the game. If that isn't enough, in the second half, you have to give what's left.

I can't concentrate when I'm thinking.

Anyone else get the feeling that he's trying too hard to sound sophisticated? Oh well, at least he's unintentionally funny as hell.

0 comments: